Sean Michael Leonard Anderson (born March 25, 1988), better known by his stage name Big Sean, is an American rapper. He is a collaborator and ex-boyfriend of Ariana Grande.
Collaborations[edit | edit source]
- Big Sean is featured in Grande's third single "Right There" from her debut album Yours Truly.
- He whispered the chorus of Grande's song "Problem" from her second album My Everything but wasn't a featured artist.
- Big Sean was also featured in a song from Grande's sophomore album, My Everything, titled "Best Mistake".
- Grande is featured on Big Sean's third album, Dark Sky Paradise, in a track entitled "Research", which is only on the deluxe version of the album.
- Ariana has said that she and Big Sean have even worked on a few songs that haven't been released.
Relationship[edit | edit source]
2012-mid 2014: Friends[edit | edit source]
Grande and Big Sean met in June 2012 at Wango Tango. In an interview, Grande has said "[Big Sean and I] wanted to have writing sessions and, like, jam together but we never found the time and we never found the right song. We were talking about a few other songs together but it just never worked out and it never was the right moment and then finally 'Right There' came along. And we were like 'Oh, this is it'." Ariana had stated much time that Big Sean is one of her favorite rappers. She used to rap his songs sometimes in interview. She rapped his song "Guap" here and while backstage at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards, she rapped Big Sean's verse in Justin Ching's song "As Long As You Love Me" here. Grande revealed in an interview with Marie Claire that she got into her first car accident while driving to Big Sean's house.
Sean has given Grande and her best friend Alexa Luria rap lessons once. In July 2014, Grande's grandfather became seriously ill and Grande spent the whole month in Florida with him before his passing near the end of the month. Sean had flown down to Florida to see Grande and spend time with her. Meanwhile, Grande's then-boyfriend did not and Grande has said he wasn't there for her when she needed him. They broke up that same month.
August 2014-April 2015: Dating[edit | edit source]
Grande and Big Sean were seen together at The Grove movie theater in Los Angeles, California, after watching a late-night showing of The Purge on August 3, 2014. This sparked many rumors of a relationship between the two. Somebody who was in the movie theater with them stated that he saw them kissing during the movie. On August 11, E! Online had a source confirm that Big Sean and Grande were dating. Then, Grande's song "Best Mistake" was released which features Sean which added to the speculation. Grande was asked in several interviews if she was dating Sean but she denied to answer. During Grande's My Everything concert stream, she and Big Sean performed "Best Mistake" and they held hands during it. Then, at the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards, Grande and Big Sean were seen holding hands backstage. Grande was asked again if they were dating but she evaded the question. When she was asked about her love life on The Today Show she just replied that she was "happy." Grande hosted the after party for the iHeartRadio Music Festival on September 19, 2014, and she and Sean were seen dancing and hugging. On October 4, Grande and Sean went to Universal Studios with their friends and were spotted kissing on the Revenge of the Mummy ride. On October 7, Sean gave Grande a custom made necklace of his lion chains that he always wears. Grande officially confirmed she and Sean were dating on October 17, 2014 in an interview with The Telegraph. They spent New Year's Eve together and went to Tahoe together on vacation. On January 18, 2015, Sean and Grande had a date night at a swan lake which Sean called "our place." On February 4, 2015, while on a date, Sean sang Stevie Wonder at the top of his lungs. Grande brought Sean as her date to the 57th Grammy Awards on February 8, 2015. In a vlog posted on Big Sean's YouTube channel on February 11, there is a scene where he and Grande kiss at A Very GRAMMY Christmas 2014. Grande posted a picture of her wearing Sean's shirt on February 10. On March 8, 2015, Sean surprised the audience in Detroit on The Honeymoon Tour and performed "Best Mistake" and "Right There" with Grande.
Breakup[edit | edit source]
On April 20, 2015, Us Weekly confirmed that the pair had split up, due to both of them having conflicting tour schedules that would keep them apart for a whole year. The magazine also confirmed that they deeply care for one another and they remain close friends. It was also reported that the couple has split up a few weeks before. 
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Big Sean gave Ariana an Lion pendant necklace because felt that it represent a special meaning between both of them. Ariana would always compliment him on his necklace and when he got it for her it was his special gift.
- Ariana compares Sean to her grandpa and brother Frankie Grande, "He is one of the most amazing men in the whole world, and that includes my grandfather and my brother".
- He is mentioned in "Thank U, Next", which is also partly about him, alongside three of Ariana's other exes.
- Ariana wrote 'so cute. so sweet. (can still get it)' on Sean's page in her Thank U Next burn book.
- Ariana and Sean reunited, Hanging out at Los Angeles recording studio on February 28, 2019 4 years after their break up.
- At the Sweetener Tour Detroit soundcheck a fan asked Ariana if Sean will be making an appearance, she said that she tried to get Sean to come but he couldn't because he had to finish an album.
- Big Sean gave Ariana and his other exes (Ashley Marie, Naya Rivera and Jhene Aiko) a shoutout on DJ Khaled's song "Thank You" featuring Big Sean. "I pray that all your growing pains turn gold champagne/ plus I gotta thank my exes on some 'thank u, next' shit."
Gallery[edit | edit source]
“Love how my face fits so good in your neck”
To view the Big Sean gallery, click here.
References[edit | edit source]
- Ariana Grande Talks New Album and Working with Big Sean
- How Did Ariana Grande & Big Sean Meet?
- Big Sean: Ariana Grande Does NOT Get Carried Around Like a Baby
- About her friendship with Big Sean
- Ariana Grande Got In Car Accident On Her Way To See Big Sean
- Big Sean's rap lessons
- Ophelia and Big Sean
- Ariana and Big Sean at the movies
- E! - Ariana Grande Dating Rapper Big Sean
- Ariana Grande Releases "Best Mistake" With Boyfriend Big Sean
- Glamour - We spoke to Ariana Grande about the Big Sean rumours
- Ariana Grande Shows First PDA With Boyfriend Big Sean At VMAs
- Video of Ariana & Big Sean holding hands
- Ariana Grande Breaks Silence on Big Sean Dating Rumors Ariana's interview with Ryan Seacrest
- Ariana says she's happy on The Today Show
- Ariana Grande & Big Sean PDA at iHeartRadio after party
- Ariana Grande and Big Sean kiss as they ride on Revenge Of The Mummy
- Ariana Grande & Big Sean: The Sweet Custom Gift He Made Her To Prove His Love
- Ariana Grande confirms her relationship with Big Sean for the first time
- Ariana Grande and Big Sean Share Tahoe Vacation Pictures
- Ariana Grande and Big Sean Look Madly in Love After Enjoying PDA-Filled Ski Trip in Tahoe—See the Pics!
- Ariana Grande & Big Sean’s New Date – She’s On Cloud Nine
- Instagram - Ariana's post 2/4/15
- Sean's Youtube video
- Ariana Grande Wears Big Sean’s Clothes To Bed
- Twitter - Big Sean performs with Ariana
- Us Weekly report
[edit | edit source]
|September 3, 2013 • 46:28 • Republic Records|
|Released||Almost Is Never Enough • Baby I • Better Left Unsaid • Daydreamin' • Honeymoon Avenue • Lovin' It • Piano • Popular Song • Right There • Tattooed Heart • The Way • You'll Never Know|
|Unreleased||Boyfriend Material • Do You Love Me • La Vie En Rose • Pink Champagne • Stick Around • Suitcase • Voodoo Love • You're My Only Shawty|
|Ariana Grande • Big Sean • Mac Miller • MIKA • Nathan Sykes|
|The Listening Sessions|
|August 25, 2014 • 40:31 • Republic Records|
|Released||Bang Bang • Be My Baby • Best Mistake • Break Free • Break Your Heart Right Back • Cadillac Song • Hands On Me • Intro • Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart • Love Me Harder • My Everything • One Last Time • Only 1 • Problem • Too Close • Why Try • You Don't Know Me|
|Unreleased||Ain't About What You Got • Not Afraid Of Love • Ridiculous • The Way It Is|
|Ariana Grande • A$AP Ferg • Big Sean • Cashmere Cat • Childish Gambino • Iggy Azalea • Jessie J • Nicki Minaj • The Weeknd • Zedd|
|The Honeymoon Tour|