Moonlight is Ariana Grande's third album. It is set for a late 2015 release (though this has not yet been confirmed). The album was recorded starting in September 2014, though the majority of it was recorded while Ariana was on The Honeymoon Tour in early and mid 2015. The lead single, "Focus", will be released on October 30, 2015.
Background & Naming
In a livestream in October 2014, Ariana Grande confirmed that work had begun on her third studio album, which will be the follow up to her 2014 album My Everything. In the livestream, she said that she wants to release it in late summer or early fall, following in suit to her previous albums. She also said that she had played some new material for her grandmother earlier that day. The name "moonlight" provided inspiration for the album, as Ariana has been tweeting it often. On May 23, 2015, Ariana posted this picture on Instagram. On May 26, 2015, Ariana posted a snippet of a possible song. On May 29, 2015, Ariana confirmed the name of the album in a direct message to a fan which also stated that there would be a song off her album called Moonlight.
- Ain't About What You Got
- Lavender Envelopes
- Not Afraid Of Love (feat. Ne Yo)
- You'll Be Alright (feat. Nicki Minaj)
- Kiss Me
- Hold Me Down
- You Got It
- Pink Champagne (Remix)
- Nothing Lasts Forever (feat. Tori Kelly)
- E più ti penso (duet with Andrea Bocelli)
- What Do You Mean? (Remix) (Duet with Justin Bieber)
- All My Love (Duet with Major Lazer)
- Adore (With Cashmere Cat)
- The Way It Is
- On September 1, 2014 Ariana posted a picture of being back in the studio.
- Ariana tweeted that she was in the studio on October 12, 2014, November 22, 2014, December 26, 2014, and April 5, 2015.
- On April 8, 2015, Ariana made a "really cool song" with her favorite writers and friends, Tommy Brown and Victoria Monet.
- Ariana spoke about the album in June 2015 saying it was inspired by "this boy" she had been dating (most likely Big Sean). She said, "It’s about this very cute night we had together. I have a playlist of 12 songs already. I plan on writing a lot more as soon as I get home. It’s the most personal music I’ve ever written."
- The cute night could possibly be the date to a swan lake she had with Sean that she has posted about many times on social media and said it was one of her favorite nights.
- On June 29, 2015 Ariana tweeted that she worked on something special for her fans that night.
- On July 28, 2015, Ariana tweeted that she was working on something exciting for her fans.
- "Focus" was confirmed as the lead single in August 2015 under the name "Focus on Me."
- On September 15, 2015, Ariana went on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and announced that "Focus" would be the lead single and would be released on October 30, 2015.
- ↑ Tweet favorited by Tommy Brown
- ↑ Youtube - October 28, 2014 Livechat
- ↑ Instagram - Violin song
- ↑ DM Screenshot confirming name
- ↑ PopCrush Talks About "Moonlight"
- ↑ "Not Afraid Of Love" confirmed to feature recording artist Ne Yo
- ↑ Harry Fox Agency
- ↑ Youtube - New song found through music database
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 New song titles discovered
- ↑ Wiki - You Got It Writers (from APRA AMCOS)
- ↑ Midomi song licence site reveals information about new album
- ↑ Twitter - Tori Kelly duet confirmed
- ↑ https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/e-piu-ti-penso-from-once-upon/id1032153431?i=1032153645
- ↑ Ariana being in the studio 09/01/14
- ↑ Ariana tweeting lyrics 9/7/14
- ↑ lyrics 9/1/14
- ↑ Twitter - October 12, 2014
- ↑ Twitter - November 22, 2014
- ↑ Twitter - December 26, 2014
- ↑ Twitter - April 5, 2015
- ↑ Twitter - New song #1
- ↑ Twitter - New song #2
- ↑ Twitter - New song #3
- ↑ Tommy Brown's Instagram post #1
- ↑ Capital FM - Ariana Grande Reveals All About Her Split From Big Sean
- ↑ Twitter - Ariana works on something special
- ↑ Twitter - Ariana's tweet July 28
- ↑ Twitter - Republic Records meeting
- ↑ Twitter - Fans suspect Justin collab