Edward "Eddie" Butera (born September 20, 1958) is an Italian-American graphic designer, photographer & artist. He's also Joan's 2nd ex-husband, Ariana's dad & Frankie's stepdad. He's the owner/founder of IBI Designs, Inc. He is very proud of his daughter and often tweets about her on his Twitter page, @CaptainEddieB.
Relationship with Joan
- Eddie met Joan in the early 1990s when he worked at different design companies in New York City.
- Eddie married Joan on 1993 when she was still pregnant with Ariana.
- Eddie & Joan divorced on 2002.
- Eddie & Joan are on good terms ever since they divorced.
Relationship with Frankie
- Eddie was Frankie's stepdad for 10 years.
- Eddie & Frankie have always been on good terms with each other.
Relationship with Ariana
- Ariana shows that she loves her dad very much.
- Eddie uses the picture Ariana took with him his twitter icon.
- Ariana gave her dad a signed picture that says I love you six times.
- Eddie has a shirt with Ariana's name embroidered on it.
- He came to see Ariana perform in A Snow White Christmas.
- Ariana has a lot of family on Eddie's side of the family.
- Ariana tweeted about him a few times. 
- When Ariana's Girls' Life magazine came out, he bought a copy.
- Eddie tweeted a picture of him and Ariana along with greeting her a happy birthday.
- They made a painting of a shell together once.
- Eddie tweeted a picture of a papier mache bowl they made together when Ariana was 5 years old.
- He wants to teach her how to fish.
- Sometime in 2013, Ariana and her father lost touch. Ariana talked about in the September 2014 issue of Seventeen magazine and said it was the hardest thing she ever had to deal with. She went on to say that, "the thing that got me there was embracing the fact that I am made up of half my dad, and a lot of my traits come from him. So much of me comes from my father, and for so long, I didn’t like that about myself. I had to accept that it’s okay not to get along with somebody and still love them."
- When Yours Truly came out, he bought two copies.
- On Father's Day 2014, Ariana tweeted "happy Father's Day to all the incredible fathers out there... thinking of you today daddy. love u." 
- Eddie went to Ariana's Miami show during The Honeymoon Tour on March 28, 2015.
- They made a painting together
“Love how my face fits so good in your neck”
To view the Edward Butera gallery, click here.
- Ariana greeting her dad a happy birthday
- Ariana's interview with Billboard
- Eddie tweeting about being Frankie's stepdad
- Eddie confirming he was Frankie's stepdad
- Ariana's signed picture
- Pic of Ariana shirt
- Ariana about her dad coming to see her in Snow White
- Butera side of family
- Ariana tweets about her dad
- Edward buying Girls' Life
- Edward greeting Ariana on her birthday
- Edward & Ariana's artwork
- Edward tweeting a picture of a papier mache bowl
- "Can't wait to show Ariana how to catch one"
- Ariana Grande Talks Losing Touch With Her Father
- Twitter picture of Yours Truly copies
- Ariana's Father's Day tweet
- Twitter - Eddie in the audience
- Twitter - July 18, 2016