Frank Anthony Grande (October 23, 1923 - July 22, 2014) was an Italian-American retired soldier. He was also Marjorie's husband, Judy & Joan's dad and Lani, Frankie & Ariana's grandpa. Ariana loved him very much and posted pictures of him often, usually of her kissing him on his cheek.
He passed away on July 22, 2014 after a long battle with cancer, aged 90.
His daughter is Joan Grande. He first met Ariana's grandmother when they were children because they lived in the same neighborhood. When they got older they started to date. Frank was enlisted in the military, and when he got back they got engaged and later married. They got married on September 21, 1946. He lived in Ariana's hometown, Boca Raton.
Relationship with Ariana Edit
- He called Ariana "bellissima", which means gorgeous in Italian, for her whole life.
- Ariana later got a tattoo with the word, bellissima on it.
- In December 2012, he stayed in L.A. for the holidays to spend time with Ariana and watch her perform in A Snow White Christmas.
- The audio bit at the end of Ariana's song "Daydreamin'" is her grandparents telling the story of how they fell in love.
- For his 90th birthday, a big party was thrown that had a guest list including of Nathan Sykes, Isaac Calpito, Frankie Grande, and Jones Crow among many others.
- Ariana took a spontaneous flight to Boca to surprise her grandparents on May 6, 2014.
- She helps her grandpa at his office sometimes.
- Ariana posted a video of her grandpa singing to her on the phone.
- Frank had been battling cancer for a long time but in late May 2014 he became very ill so Ariana cancelled performances to go home and visit him.
- Ariana announced a couple weeks later that he had finally beaten his cancer.
- In early July however, he became sick again and Ariana went to see him.
- Frank passed away on July 22, 2014. Ariana tweeted about it the next day.
- Ariana wore a dress to the Grammy's that was made by one of Grandpa's favorite Italian designers.
“Love how my face fits so good in your neck”
To view the Frank Grande gallery, click here.
- ↑ Story of how Ariana's grandparents fell in love
- ↑ Nonna talking about her relationship with Frank
- ↑ Twitter - today woulda been 68 years of marriage
- ↑ Ariana's tweet about her third tattoo
- ↑ Ariana spends time with her grandfather for the holidays
- ↑ Yours Truly fun facts
- ↑ About his 90th birthday
- ↑ Ariana's picture of her grandpa's 90th birthday
- ↑ Ariana's tweet about surprise trip
- ↑ Ariana's picture of helping her grandpa at the office
- ↑ Video of Ariana's grandpa singing to her
- ↑ About Grandpa being sick
- ↑ About Frank beating cancer
- ↑ Ariana's post of 'grumpy grandpa'
- ↑ Twitter - thank you for your continuous love...
- ↑ Twitter - if only y'all knew how amazing he was...
- ↑ Twitter - this is the hardest thing imaginable...
- ↑ Twitter - Grandpa will be pleased with my dress selection