Miley Ray Cyrus (born Destiny Hope Cyrus; November 23, 1992) is an American singer, actress, and songwriter. Her father is country singer Billy Ray Cyrus. She held minor roles in the television series Doc and the film Big Fish, and starred as the title role of Hannah Montana in her childhood. She is friends with Ariana Grande.
Relationship with Ariana
- Miley wrote a song for Ariana in the shower.
- They wrote together the song "Ridiculous" for Ariana's second album My Everything, but it didn't make the cut.
- Miley Cyrus claimed on tour she originally wrote "Lighter", a song from her fifth studio album Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz, for Ariana.
- At the 2014 VMAs, when Grande won Best Pop Video, Miley congratulated her by high-fiving her.
- Miley sent Ariana flowers on August 28, 2014 following the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards, where Ariana won Best Pop Video.
- Miley and Ariana performed the song "Don't Dream It's Over" together for the "Happy Hippie Presents: Backyard Sessions" May 15, 2015.
- They also performed it at the One Love Manchester benefit concert.
- Miley dedicated her performance of her song "Malibu" on The Voice to Ariana and all of the victims of the 2017 Manchester Arena Bombing.
- Miley performed "Happy" with Pharrell Williams, "Inspired", and "Don't Dream It's Over" with Ariana at One Love Manchester.
- Cyrus made a cover of Grande's "No Tears Left To Cry" in the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge.
- Miley, Ariana, and Lana Del Rey collaborated on "Don't Call Me Angel", a song from the soundtrack to Charlie's Angels.
- Ariana sent to Miley a gifbox with R.E.M. Beauty products.