Sweetener:The Experience was an art exhibit hosted by Spotify inspired by Ariana Grande's fourth studio album, Sweetener, where each room is inspired by each song. It was held on September 29 and 30, 2018, in New York.
In each room, their respective song was played.
- The "raindrops (an angel cried)" room featured a floating altar where you can "meditate beneath an illuminating cascade of angel tears".
- In "the light is coming" room there was a tunnel in which featured a pink light at the end that led to the next room.
- The "R.E.M" room was represented by a muted coloured palette, bringing into the dreamy atmosphere of the track. The room was also filled with Lovesacs and the scent of her newest perfume, Cloud. After a time in the clouds, people entered a space that looked like a small stage with a microphone, some flowers, and big mirrors surrounding it.
- The "successful" room was meant to celebrate accomplishments from women all around the globe, no matter how big or small. The mirrors were plastered with positive messages; "powerful", "beautiful", "limitless", "loved".
- The "blazed" room was dark entirely covered in projections of the universe. On the track, Ariana speaks of the vastness of the universe within her own mind.
- The "get well soon" room featured a long wall of phones. Fans picked up the phones to hear inspiring and uplifting messages from the artist.
- The "God is a woman" room featured the painting that appears in the single's music video. There was also a set of mirrors across that allowed people to see themselves in the painting.
- The "sweetener" room featured a pastel forest, complete with a pond/mirror in the centre.
- The "no tears left to cry", was represented by a completely upside down room, complete with a fluffy stool on the ceiling.
- The "breathin" room was completely covered in peach-colored sheets.
- In the "better off" room people could only enter one at a time. The room was plain white on the outside, only lined with small holes to look through. Inside however, was an abundance of greenery.
- The "everytime" room only featured mocktails and snacks for when you need a quick recharge.
- The "pete davidson" room was represented by a table with a box of locks and markers. A sign on the right side explained to write the name of someone who is important to you, and then, taking inspiration from Paris' timelessly famous Post des Arts bridge, place the lock on the wall next to the one that Grande placed earlier in the day for her fiancé, Pete Davidson.
- The "borderline" room, held two swings that seemed to be on opposite sides at first, but easily swung to meet in the middle of the room, as the track suggests that people do in the early stages of their long-lasting relationships.
- The experience closed with "goodnight n go", complete with a neon glowing heart, illuminating a large guest book. In the middle of the open page was a handwritten message from Ariana Grande that read: "I love you. I hope you enjoyed. Always, Ari". There was a marker placed next to the book for fans to place their own messages to Ariana.
“Love how my face fits so good in your neck”
To view the Sweetener: The Experience gallery, click here.